AIPI Development Director
The Artificial Intelligence Policy Institute (AIPI) is searching for a non-profit Development Director for our polling and policy-focused think tank. In this role, you’ll be responsible for defining and implementing all aspects of donor engagement and fundraising activities in coordination with the Executive Director.
Success requires experience and credibility with fundraising, grant writing, and nurturing donor relationships.
Your mission is to secure philanthropic support to fund AIPI’s operations. This is an excellent opportunity to regularly work on six and seven-figure grant opportunities within an organization undergoing continued national growth.
What you will be doing:
- Building, and prioritizing relationships with existing funders and philanthropic organizations.
- Writing grant proposals for foundations, and/or individual donors and managing the submission process, including drafting portions of the narratives and collecting all other relevant materials.
- Represent AIPI at high-profile fundraising events and communities.
- Developing and implementing a quarterly fundraising strategy.
- Working with the Executive Director and media consultants to identify opportunities for marketing AIPI to potential funders.
What we need to see:
- A minimum of 10 years in successful fundraising, securing major contributions from diverse sources
- Proven experience and success in securing major fundraising contributions from a variety of sources.
- Knowledge of, and/or connections in the technology, artificial intelligence, nuclear weapon, or biotechnology safety community, or experience/ connections with political offices.
- Collaborative approach with colleagues and customers/partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Startup mentality in a fast-paced, open culture.
- Willingness to work full-time both remotely and in person.
Ways to stand out:
- Experience in research or policy in artificial intelligence, nuclear weapons, and biotechnology safety community.
- Broad network in the philanthropic community
- A history of building effective business partnerships between organizations.
- Excellent ability to clearly communicate complex technical information in both writing and verbally.
AIPI is poised to drive significant impacts in national AI safety discussions. With constant momentum and national media coverage, our team is seeking passionate individuals to further propel our mission. If you’re driven, a great teammate, and excited to join our team at AIPI – we want to hear from you!
The cash compensation range is $90,000 to $150,000 USD, with a portion attributed to base salary and another to incentive-based commissions. Final compensation will be determined based on location, experience, and industry standards.